Sending Press Releases
Want amazing video content? Check out our youtube channel!
MonkeyPod can be used to maintain a list of press contacts and send them press releases about your work.
Here's how to do it:
- Make sure everyone on your press list has been added or imported as a relationship in MonkeyPod.
- Assign those people a specific relationship role, such as "Press".
- Depending on how you handle press communication, you may need ways to further segment this list (i.e. because different reporters cover different topics, geographic areas, etc.) If that's the case you should create one or more Custom Attributes as a custom attribute set for press contacts.
- Create an Email List and subscribe the relevant people to it.
- Create an Email Template that you will use for press releases.
- When you're ready to send a press release, create an Email Campaign for it, and the content you want to send, select the list you created earlier (optionally including any additional segmentation), and schedule it to send.