Want amazing video content? Check out our youtube channel!
MonkeyPod allows for A LOT of flexibility when it comes to your entities, In this article we explore entity types.
❕Need a reminder on what an entity is? Check out the Help Center Article on Entities
Entity Types in MonkeyPod
Entities in MonkeyPod can be one of six types, but really there are is only one distinction that needs to be made.
❕Unlike "Roles" an entity can only have one type in MonkeyPod!
- Individual: This is an entity, usually an individual person, that interacts with your organization on their own behalf
The rest of these entities, interact with you as the type of entity they are.
- Organization: This is an entity that interacts with you as an organization
- Foundation: This is an entity that interacts with you as a foundation
- Government: This is an entity that interacts with you as a government entity
- Corporate: This is an entity that interacts with you as a corporation
- Other: This type of entity is reserved for when an entity doesn't neatly fit into a category above
Can I have someone listed as an individual AND as an organization?
Great question! The answer is YES!
Chances are you're asking this because you have a board member who gives money as an individual AND ALSO through their organization. To do this what you do is make an entity for each, then connect them!
How do I do that?
- Make an account for the individual entity
- Make an account for the organization entity
- Then connect them!
What is the difference between an Entity Type and an Entity Relationship Role?
An "Entity Type" is a general designation for the kind of entity a contact/constituent/stakeholder an entity is.
An " Entity Relationship Role" is the way an entity interacts with your organization (Want to see more about this? Check out the Help Center article on Roles)